My almost daily go-to breakfast. It's quick, it's inexpensive and it's satisfying. Using plain, fat free Greek yogurt reduces the sugar and subsequently, Calories. The addition of chia seeds (and whole fruit) increases the fiber content and nutrient density of this yummy concoction. I use frozen fruit as I think the extra cold fruit pieces taste better and are easier to keep around the house but fresh works too. Prepare a couple at a time for added convenience or to share (aside from being delicious, they're pretty cute)! Packed with protein and fiber, this breakfast treat will easily keep you satiated until lunch.
1 cup Plain 0% Greek Yogurt
1 tsp. Chia Seeds
1/8 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (no sugar added)
1/8 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (no sugar added)
2 packets artificial sweetener (I use Truvia)
1. In separate bowl, mix yogurt and sweetener.
2. Fill bottom of small glass with a spoonful of sweetened yogurt.
3. Sprinkle small amount of chia seeds and place blueberries around the perimeter of the glass.
4. Place another layer of yogurt on top of blueberries.
5. Sprinkle with chia seeds and add a layer of raspberries around the perimeter of the glass.
6. Continue to repeat layering of chia seeds, fruit, and yogurt until you are out of supplies.
Don't be alarmed when you notice the chia seeds have gelatinized. They're supposed to. That's what contributes to their feel-full effect!