Fall's here which means the oven is back in commission. Put those flavor packed brown bananas sitting on the counter to use and try out this super simple moist banana bread recipe (adding the chocolate chips is your call). Looks good, doesn't it?! I have a feeling this loaf won't last long!
1/2 cup butter (softened)
3/4 cup sugar
2 ripe bananas
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 1 9''x5'' bread pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar together in large mixing bowl. Add bananas and vanilla extract.
3. Add two eggs, flour and baking soda and mix until completely moist.
4. Stir in chocolate chips and scrap mixture into pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in bread pan for 10-15 minutes.
Makes 1 loaf. Can definitely be doubled to yield 2 loaves.
Serving suggestions: Try substituting the chocolate chips with walnut pieces.
Feel free to mess around with the wheat to all-purpose flour ratio for extra fiber. However, keep in mind the gluten content of whole wheat flour is lower and you may end up with a loaf of banana bread significantly lacking structure. I typically stay on the safe side.